ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE SECOND COVID-19 BOOSTER SHOT//M.P. SHAH HOSPITAL
The COVID-19 eligibility is now extended to ages 12-17 years.
The Second booster vaccines are now available
Which vaccines are recommended for ages 12-17?
mRNA (Pfizer BioNTech) recommended as per schedule
Parental/Guardian Consent required
Proof of age required e.g. Birth certificate
What about COVID 19 boosters??
1st booster can be given 6 months from completion of the primary series ie AstraZeneca | Pfizer | Moderna | Jonsson.
All adults who have received the 1st booster are eligible for the second booster after 6months of receiving the 1st.
- Adults 18 years & above.
- Children between 12-17 years.
- Priority groups – the elderly above 58 years, those with comorbidities, health workers, and immunocompromised persons.
- Provide consent (parents need to be informed of planned vaccination).
- Persons who have previously had SARS-COV-2 infection whether symptomatic or asymptomatic.
Johnson & Johnson VACCINE
- Primary dose – one
- The booster can be given two to six months following the primary series (i.e. first booster).
- 2nd booster – will be provided for those who have received the first booster.
: Moderna vaccine (Pfizer & Moderna) will be used for the second booster & will be administered 6 months after the first booster dose.
MIXING OF VACCINES
- In certain situations, the mRNA & viral vector primary COVID-19 vaccine series can be mixed & matched.
- Those who received the first dose of AstraZeneca can receive a 2nd dose of Pfizer after 8 weeks to complete their primary series.
- Those who received the first dose of Moderna can receive either Pfizer or AstraZeneca as a 2nd dose to complete their primary series.