Some of the services available at the Cardiac Center include:
- Echocardiogram. Echocardiogram takes images of the heart, shows the pumping action, evaluates the function of the heart valves, and detects anatomic abnormalities.
- Electrocardiogram (ECG). It records the electrical activity of the heart and provides information about the heart’s rhythm, anatomy, and function.
- Stress Testing. The test evaluates the heart under conditions of physical activity. It analyzes the blood supply to the heart muscle and also evaluates abnormalities of cardiac rhythm.
- Holter Monitoring. It records the rhythm of the heart for 24 hours or more, and is designed to evaluate and detect any arrhythmia (palpitations).
- 24-hour Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitoring (ABPM).
We also have a Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory (Cath Lab) with state-of-the-art equipment for determining the condition of the heart and blood vessels. Services range from simple cardiac catheterization to complex interventional procedures. The department regularly collaborates with the peadiatric unit in the free heart program targeting children with congenital heart conditions.